Image Source: Greater Ridgewood Historical Society
New York City’s oldest Dutch Colonial stone house lies in Ridgewood, a stone’s throw from the Brooklyn/Queens border. Built on land granted by Peter Stuyvesant in the 1600s, the Vander-Ende Onderdonk House features a gambrel roof, Dutch doors, a central hallway and double hung windows with shutters. When threatened by demolition in the 1970s, the Greater Ridgewood Historical Society fought back until the house and property were listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. Several other landmark designations quickly followed. On Sunday, January 6, GRHS will offer candlelight tours of this seasonally decorated time piece and its grounds, as well as mulled cider and cookies.
Candlelight Tour of the Onderdonk House
1820 Flushing Avenue, Ridgewood
Sunday, January 6
5pm – 8pm | $3 per adult/$1 per child